Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here. I’m a bilingual cross-cultural English editor, and I’m passionate about clear communication and plain language.
When you work with me, you will get someone who
- understands the challenges of communicating across cultures and languages
- aims to meet your needs
- treats you and your work with respect (I’m very nice 🙂 )
- keeps to the deadline (and often submits work ahead of time)
- works carefully and thoroughly
- offers a combination of editing skills and experience in the social sciences
- has a master’s degree in international affairs and a bachelor’s in psychology, both from top US institutions
I’d love to help you get your message across.
How I got here...
I'm a bilingual "third culture kid" who grew up between two countries and has lived in five (seven, if you count studying abroad as a student 😊). I'm fascinated with communication across boundaries because I know what it’s like to translate thoughts between different cultures and languages.
Getting ideas across through the written word is my passion. That's why I became an editor.
I love reading people's ideas, thoughts, and insights. Learning and encountering fresh ideas are the best parts of my job.
But when I see the messages getting lost in the words, my fingers itch. I want to help the writer get their great ideas to leap out into the world.
I hope that I can be of service to you, too.
With over 15 years of professional experience, including over six years of editing, I've worked with multi-language authors through
- scholarly editing (abstracts, articles, policy reviews, research reports, etc.)
- content editing and writing for international development
- training professionals on writing, editing, and communications
- editing and writing articles for a monthly English-language magazine for expat parents in Bangkok and Families in Global Transition blog
- translating academic and business Japanese into English
Socioeconomic development (human rights, social development, public health, sexual & reproductive health rights, migrants, youth and child development, poverty reduction)
Social sciences (public health, psychology, education, political science, general economics, history, sociology, etc.)
Third culture kids, cross-cultural kids, multilingualism, parenting
Centre for Economic Policy Research and VoxEU.org
Energy Studies Institute, National University of Singapore
TASC, The Graduate Institute
United Nations agencies & international organizations
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- UN Development Programme (UNDP)
- UN Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- UN Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
Private sector (biotech, healthcare, training)
See my editing services.
Academic, professional & training credentials
Masters of International Affairs, Columbia University (USA) in Economic and Political Development
☘ Professional societies
- Intermediate Member, Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (UK)
- Member, Plain Language Association International
☘ Editing training courses and webinars (highlights)
Copy-editing 2: Headway [Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP)]
Writing for the Sciences [Stanford University via Coursera]
Plain Language Online Training [US National Institutes of Health]
Editing in a Multilingual World [ACES: The Society for Editing webinar]
Inclusive Language [ACES: The Society for Editing webinar]
Proofreading and Copyediting with The Chicago Manual of Style [Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA)]
☘ Other training courses (highlights)
Human Rights and Health [Human Rights Education Association]
An Introduction to Global Health [University of Copenhagen via Coursera]
Questionnaire Design for Social Surveys [University of Michigan via Coursera]
I look forward to being of service! Please contact me via the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs and my services.