International development agencies must communicate with a wide range of audiences: governments and civil society organizations, communities in the countries you work in, people interested in your work, donors, partners and colleagues.
No matter whom you are writing for, you must get your message across clearly. And with integrity, professionalism, and respect.
What I can do for you
As someone who worked on international development projects for over eight years, I will help you make sure your document
- reflects the integrity and professionalism of your organization
- uses clear, uncluttered language with minimal acronyms 🙂
- shows respect for all peoples
(I’m 100% for helping development agencies move away from inaccessible, difficult language.)
Let me help you make sure your documents are targeted and your messages clear.
Promoting clear language in international development
If you want to practice writing more clearly and communicate better with international audiences (or you want your staff to), I can offer webinars (like the ones I’ve held for UNITAR) and give editing support and feedback.
Get in touch to discuss whether we might be a good fit for your non-fiction scholarly writing project!
- Child protection
- Development economics
- Disaster risk reduction
- Economic policy
- Gender and leadership
- Health rights
- Life skills
- Maternal health
- Migrant health
- Public policy
- Reproductive & sexual health, HIV/AIDS
- Youth empowerment
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Tokyo Office
Examples of past work
- Pitch decks and concept notes for programmes in entrepreneurship, gender empowerment, disaster risk reduction
- Project documents, assessment reports
- Project completion reports for disaster risk reduction, entrepreneurship, and nuclear disarmament training programmes
- Text for e-learning modules
- Web articles, press releases, website text
- Speeches and speaking points
- Video captions
- Social media messages
If you would like to discuss whether we might be a good fit for your editing or training needs, please send me details via the contact form or email me at email@example.com. I will get back to you as soon as I can during my working hours.