International development professionals must write. A LOT.
From project documents and official communications with governments and donors to research reports, training and advocacy materials for your target communities to news articles and speeches for the public…
I know. I’ve been there.
What I can do for you
As someone who worked on international development projects for over eight years, I will help you make sure your document
- reflects the integrity and professionalism of your organization
- uses clear, uncluttered language with minimal acronyms 🙂
- shows respect for all peoples
Let me help you make sure your documents are targeted and your messages clear.
Promoting clear language in international development
If you want to practice writing more clearly and communicate better with international audiences (or you want your staff to), I can offer online trainings (like the ones I’ve held for UNITAR) and give editing support and feedback.
Please get in touch and let’s discuss your needs and how I might be able to help!
- Child protection
- Development economics
- Disaster risk reduction
- Gender and leadership
- Health rights
- Life skills
- Maternal health
- Migrant health
- Project management
- Reproductive & sexual health, HIV/AIDS
- Youth empowerment
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Tokyo Office
Examples of past work
|Reports||…Project completion reports for UNITAR disaster risk reduction, entrepreneurship, and nuclear disarmament training programmes|
…Final report of the Cyclone Seroja emergency response in Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
|Fundraising documents||…Pitch deck|
…Concept notes for programmes in entrepreneurship, gender empowerment, disaster risk reduction
|Project documents||…Project proposals|
…Letters to donors
|Website articles (editing, writing & rewriting)||…Articles for UNITAR (these are articles that I either wrote or extensively rewrote)|
|Learning materials||…Text for e-learning modules on EdApp|
|Speeches||…Speeches and speaking points for head of the agency, division directors, project leaders|