I was editor-in-chief of BAMBI News magazine, a monthly 60-page glossy, sent out to the members of the non-profit support group for mainly expat parents in Bangkok and Pattaya.
My responsibilities as Editor
Following quarterly meetings with our small team of editors where we brainstormed ideas, I
- decided on the monthly themes
- contacted potential writers and coordinated with them for their submissions
- coordinated with the BAMBI committee members for regular content
- managed the editing/proofreading rounds with the editing team using Google Docs
- cleared each article and sent it on to the designer
- checked the design proofs until they were (more or less!) error-free
…And finally, I could give the go-ahead to go to print!
It was both exhausting, continuing this work without a break, as there wasn’t any back-up person who could fill in for me while I went on leave, and immensely satisfying, to come up with fun and interesting ideas, working with a lovely group of parents, and being able to hold the fruit of my labors in hard copy form each month.
Read an issue
Download the whole issue: BAMBI News magazine, March 2017 (edit 3 January 2022: it appears some formatting of BAMBI’s older posts has gone awry 🙁 but the PDF can be downloaded from the “View PDF” button).