Are you an academic and is English not your first language? Do you need to boost your English writing so it’s clear and persuasive? Let me help you.
My vision: To help fill the world with clearly articulated insights and ideas
I help you get your message across in good English while maintaining your distinct voice.
Wondering what it’s like to work with me?
Don’t worry. I am
- Experienced in working with non-native English writers
- Non-confrontational, patient, respectful, and responsible
And I meet deadlines.
Read more of what my clients have said about me.
I have over 15 years’ experience working with non-native and native English speakers in
- Academic editing of abstracts and articles, online research articles, literature reviews, theses, and research reports
- Content editing and writing reports and other documents for UNICEF, ILO, and UNDP
- Editing articles and project management for a monthly English-language magazine for expat parents in Bangkok
- Developing presentations for private companies and UN organizations
- Translating academic and business Japanese into English
- Social sciences (political science, public administration, economics, public health, psychology, education, history, sociology, etc.)
- Socioeconomic development (human rights, social development, public health, sexual & reproductive health rights, migrants, youth and child development, poverty reduction)
- Third culture kids, cross-cultural kids, multilingualism
See my editing services.
Academic & training credentials
- Masters of International Affairs, Columbia University (USA) in Economic and Political Development
- Bachelor of Arts, Amherst College (USA) in Psychology
- NIH Plain Language Online Training
- Editing Mastery, Udemy
- Member, Society for Editors & Proofreaders (UK)
The longer story…
I worked in the international development field for over eight years, in HIV/AIDS prevention, adolescent reproductive & sexual health, youth empowerment, and migrant health, in the Philippines, Thailand, and other ASEAN countries.
I’ve been editing English writing since even before I had heard of ‘copyediting’ or ‘native English check’.
After I became a stay-at-home mom and started volunteering as an editor for a monthly magazine, it dawned upon me that I enjoyed editing. Simple as that. And there’s always a need for good editors.
It frustrates me to read a work where the key messages are lost among the words. I want to help great ideas and insights get out into the world and be taken seriously.
One privilege of being an editor is that I get to read people’s works as a job. Learning something new and encountering fresh ideas—that’s the best part of academic editing!
Check out the blog for more on writing, editing, cross-cultural communication, and other stuff.
I look forward to being of service! Please contact me via the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs and my services.