Are you an academic and is English not your first language? Do you need to boost your English writing so it’s clear and persuasive?
Let me help you get your message across in clear English.
When you work with me, you will get someone who
- Aims to meet your needs
- Keeps to the deadline (and often submits work ahead of time)
- Works carefully and thoroughly
- Treats you and your work with respect and patience
- Offers a combination of editing skills and experience in the social sciences
- Has a master’s degree in international affairs and a bachelor’s in psychology, both from a top US university and college
I have over 15 years’ experience working with non-native and native English speakers with
- Academic editing of abstracts and articles, online research articles, literature reviews, theses, and research reports
- Content editing and writing reports and other documents for UNICEF, ILO, and UNDP
- Editing articles and project management for a monthly English-language magazine for expat parents in Bangkok
- Developing presentations for private companies and UN organizations
- Translating academic and business Japanese into English
Academic & training credentials
- Masters of International Affairs, Columbia University (USA) in Economic and Political Development
- Bachelor of Arts, Amherst College (USA) in Psychology
- Training courses
- Copy-editing: Headway (Level 2), Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading
- Writing for the Sciences, Stanford University @Coursera
- NIH Plain Language Online Training
- Editing Mastery, Udemy
- Member, Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (UK)
See my editing services.
- Social sciences (political science, public administration, economics, public health, psychology, education, history, sociology, etc.)
- Socioeconomic development (human rights, social development, public health, sexual & reproductive health rights, migrants, youth and child development, poverty reduction)
- Third culture kids, cross-cultural kids, multilingualism
The longer story…
I worked in the international development field for over eight years, in HIV/AIDS prevention, adolescent reproductive & sexual health, youth empowerment, and migrant health, in the Philippines, Thailand, and other ASEAN countries.
After I became a stay-at-home mom and started volunteering as an editor for a monthly magazine, it dawned upon me that I enjoyed editing. Simple as that. And there’s always a need for good editors.
When I read something where the key messages are lost among the words, it makes me want to sort it out. I want to help great ideas and insights get out into the world and be taken seriously.
One of the perks of being an editor is that I get to read people’s works as a job. Learning something new and encountering fresh ideas—that’s the best part of academic editing!
Check out the blog for more on writing, editing, cross-cultural communication, and other stuff.
I look forward to being of service! Please contact me via the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs and my services.